By: Carolyn Mooney
Preseason is just around the corner and many questions regarding the 2017-2018 squad have been left unanswered. I reached out to my followers via Twitter and Instagram seeking your questions that I hopefully have the answer to. So lets begin.
I've taken five questions from Twitter and five questions from Instagram so here we go!
1. @KennyDoyle asks "Who will be the best player on the Bruins in 5 years?"
Answer: Undoubtedly Pastrnak will become the best player on the Bruins
in my opinion. That is if Sweeney and Co. can get the job done and sign the kid!
2. @2kMike2k asks "What defenseman needs to show his worth this season the most? Forward as well?
Answer: Charlie McAvoy showed he has extreme potential for a top four defenseman for the Boston Bruins, but if Torey Krug and Adam McQuaid continue to put in work and play their very best, then the Bruins could have a solid defensive lineup in the making.
3. @_ObeyJason asks "Do you see the Bruins making the playoffs again this year and if so how far do you think they'll make it?
Answer: The Boston Bruins will make the playoffs this upcoming season. Last season, the Bruins were not even projected to make the postseason yet they did and they put on a fight with the injured club they had. For the playoffs, however, I do not see the Bruins making it past the second round, but if Cassidy and his staff have some magic up their sleeves to turn this club into a possible cup-contender team then have at it.
4. @jeremyguerin_7 asks "Should B's break the bank for Pastrnak or stick to the current offer?
Answer: From what I have heard, the options so far for Pastrnak are $6M for 6 years or $7M for 7 years. If was in Sweeney's position, I would try and sway Pastrnak and his team to $6M for 6 rather than $7M for 7 years.
5. @tmdemarzo asks "Should Torey Krug have been on Top 20 Defenseman?"
Answer: Absolutely yes. Krug over Hamilton any day.
6. @im_lovin_yeah_ asks "When will Chara retire?"
Answer: Hopefully when his contract is up.
7. @slickgoldman asks "Is there any worry that Sweeney will trade Pastrnak?"
Answer: As of recently, Sweeney has declined all rumors regarding a trade with Pastrnak and has stressed that they are currently working hard to get him signed.
8. @jillybean2027 asks "How long will it be till the Bruins contend for the cup?"
Answer: Realistically, I say three to five years.
9. @alexclements73 asks "Which rookie do you think will crack the roster"
Answer: I can see Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson making the roster this season. Sorry Jack Edwards.
10. @holbrook_sean_ asks "Should we trade Tuukka Rask?"
Answer: My question for you is, "Why would you even ask that?" We should not trade Tuukka Rask.
There are many more questions that Sweeney and Cassidy face going into this season, but the only question I care about is:
"Will Patrice Bergeron win another cup in his career?"